I am tremendously excited to share my new pattern, Muirs, which is now available on Ravlery!!!
Muirs is inspired by the traditional Shetland lace designs. Muirs is a triangular shaped shawl knit with fingering weight yarn from the bottom up. The lace edging is worked back and forth and then the body of the shawl begins by picking up selvage stitches from the edging. A second lace pattern begins the main part of the shawl followed by a garter section. As the shawl progresses, stitches decrease until only 8 remain. These stitches are easily grafted together and then you can block your lovely Shetland-inspired shawl.
Download Muirs on Ravelry here!!!
One Size – 56 inch wingspan x 23 inch height
16 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch after blocking
Yarn – one skein The Verdanty Gryphon Skinny Bugga! (shown in “Athena”) (80% merino wool/10% Cashmere/10%Nylon, approx. 425 yards/4 oz.)
Needles – US Size 6 (4 mm) c32″ circular needles
Notions – Stitchmarkers, tapestry needle, scissors, blocking pins
NOTE: Lacework Pattern is currently only charted – a few Ravelry users have requested written versions which are currently in process.
Download my patterns,Muirs, on Ravelry here!!!
To celebrate my new pattern, I’m having a yarn giveaway!!
How do you get a chance to win this gorgeous skein of The Verdant Gryphon Eidos fingering weight yarn?
- Follow me on Instagram (I’m iknit2purl2 there too!) AND
- Like the picture above on Instagram AND
- Tag Two (2) friends in a comment under that Instagram picture
- Want a second chance to win? Favorite Muirs on Ravelry and mention that you did under the comments on Instagram.
- Want another chance to win? Queue Muirs on Ravelry and mention that you did under the comments on Instagram.
I will randomly pick a winner after midnight EST on Wednesday March 2, 2016.
- Participants must be 18 years old or older to enter
- Participants must live in the US or Canada to enter
- Entries for the giveaway will be accepted through midnight EST on Wednesday March 2, 2016.
- One (1) Winner will receive:
- One (1) skein of The Verdant Gryphon Eidos in Aegisthus – 100% superwash merino wool approximately 420 yds/4 oz.
Winner must provide an email address to be contacted if he/she wins. Email address will not be used for solicitation purposes. The yarn will be forfeited after 30 days if not claimed.A random number generator will be used to determine who wins. Good Luck! And thank you for reading my blog!
One thought on “Muirs – New Pattern”